- Posted by Donna Amos
- On November 3, 2018
- creating videos, video marketing
Video marketing continues to roll out impressive statistics.
- 97% of marketers say video has helped increase user understanding of their product or service.
- 76% say it helped them increase sales.
- 47% say it helped them reduce support queries.
- 76% say it helped them increase traffic.
- 80% of marketers say video has increased dwell time on their website.
- 95% of people have watched an explainer video to learn more about a product or service.
- 81% of people have been convinced to buy a product or service by watching a brand’s video.
- 69% of people have been convinced to buy a piece of software or application by watching a video.
- 85% of people say they’d like to see more video from brands
The data is out there to prove that video marketing works. Now that you’re convinced, how do you get started? Not everyone is a professional video guru, and not every business can afford to hire one. Small businesses can leverage the power of video just as effectively as larger companies with some of the new video tools available.
Ideas for Video Marketing
The sky is the limit with video marketing. Use your imagination and creativity to see what resonates best with your target audience. Here are a few suggestions:
- Social media updates– Video is huge on social media, and a good video gets much more engagement than simple text or image updates.
- Customer testimonials– Video testimonials help boost your audience’s trust in your brand.
- Behind the scenes– Everyone loves to get the inside scoop. So give them a behind the scenes look at your operation.
- Your brand story– Share your brand story in a short, fun video.
- Product reveal– Promote your new product launch by creating a product reveal video.
- Educational – Educate your target market about your industry.
- How-to’s– Create how-to videos that will offer value to your audience.
The following list of tools are some of the most popular video creation tools available, and some of the most simple to use. Try some of them and see which one you like best.
PowToon is an easy-to-use animated video tool that enables businesses to make professional videos in just minutes. Users can make striking videos using PowToon’s simple drag-and-drop system. It offers three tiers of service levels, one of which is free.
Animaker is a do-it-yourself tool that is based in the cloud. It enables users to show data and statistics in a compelling way, crafting a memorable animated story. With drag and drop functions, pre-animated assets, sound effects, music and in-built data assets, businesses can create videos quickly and creatively.
Animatron allows businesses to master the art of animation, quickly and professionally. The company offers two platforms – Animatron Studio, for creating effective explainer videos, html5 animations, and banners. Animatron Wave is for creating social videos that can be shared across multiple platforms.
GoAnimate is an effective, do-it-yourself tool, meaning small businesses can create compelling video content on a low budget. Subscriptions to GoAnimate include unlimited creation, hosting, and download.
Animoto is a fast and easy way to make videos to grow your business. Create videos in minutes with their online video editor with it’s drag and drop feature. No video experience required.
Promo by Slidely
Promo by Slidely is a one-stop video service that uses premium videos with licensed music and attention-grabbing copy to create instant promotional videos.
Renderforest is an animated video maker that creates slideshows, logo animations, and explainer business videos. The platform is completely free to use and includes hundreds of templates. Small businesses can produce and export an unlimited amount of high-quality videos designed to promote a business and its products in a professional and engaging way.
Windows Movie Maker
Windows Movie Maker is a well-established video editing platform that comes as a free download. It provides businesses with the essential tools for making videos. With an easy-to-use interface, Windows Movie Maker helps users edit videos, add text, and post on a social media channel or website.
Google Web Designer
Google Web Designer is a free tool that produces engaging and interactive HTML5-based designs and motion graphics to run on any device. No coding is necessary when using Google Web Designer.
Biteable is a tool I recently found. Easy to use and creates stunning videos ads, explainers, and social videos. Ready in a flash. You can browse hundreds of scenes and combine them yourself or start with a professional template. Use their assets or use your own photos, film clips, and text.
What are your favorite tools for creating great business promotional videos? Share your tips and links to some of your creations in the comments below.