- On January 1, 2015
Twitter started in March of 2006 and they have 285 million users. Instagram began in 2010 and they have 300 million users.
I believe this demonstrates how important imagery is. It is true that a picture is worth a 1000 words. A trend that will continue to take center stage in marketing and it is important that we find ways to bring our brand to life with images. To help I wanted to share some great resources.
1. Design Seeds – This site is great for inspiration, the designer curates images and then matches the color palette with it. You can easily use the palettes on a website or marketing materials because you can access each color’s HEX code by hovering over the color chips on the right.
2. Canva – You may have heard me brag on this site many times. Many of the elements are free and some images will cost you a $1 which is a big savings over hiring a graphic designer. Canta helps any one become a designer.
3. Infographics Presence – Want to use infographics in your marketing and create them yourself? Infographic Presence has templates that can be used and offers many free icons. The starter package is $37.00 and the pro is $67.00 and these are one time costs. (Please note I am an affiliate for this program) Need more icons IcoMoon has high quality, free, scalable icons to choose from that come in handy when making an infographic or navigation buttons.
4. Death to Stock Photo – Do you hate searching for just the right photo at the stock photo sites? Once a month, Death to Stock Photo will send you a batch of quality photos around a specific theme to your inbox and they are free for commercial use, too.
5. Fiverr – So if you got to the bottom of the list and said to yourself “I have no desire to create my own images” I have a solution for you as well. Fiverr is a marketplace filled with creatives that will product many products for $5.00. Hire it out at a price that most anyone can afford.
I hope you find the resources helpful. If you have a resource to share please add them to the comments.