- Posted by Donna Amos
- On February 9, 2013
- 0 Comments
- Online Video Marketing
What are you using to market your products, services and business online? Chances are that you’re using what almost everybody else is using, such as keyword optimization in your blog posts and articles. Keyword optimization in blogs and articles only works where your audience is interested in reading what you are posting.
But what happens with people who prefer audio visual communication? You may be losing out on a sizeable number of potential customers because of relying on written blog posts and articles. A video accompanying some of your blog posts and articles in your website will help capture these people. I have seen clients get great results from online video marketing.
If you ever doubted the value of online video marketing then, just have a look at the following strengths of video marketing.
- Video is more visually stimulating: This quality makes it possible for you to utilize video marketing to capture and stimulate interest for your product/service in prospective customers.
- Higher retention rate: Studies on how much people are able to retain show that they are able to remember much more information if the same was contained in a video than simply reading.
- Saves time: A good video will save your prospects time. You may wish to use a short video that communicates what you want. If the same message were to be offered in writing it would probably take a prospect more time to read it. Time is what many readers seem to have in short supply.
- Higher conversion rate: Video marketing will give your business what sales letters and other written forms of communication have not been able to deliver. Videos are great in lead generation and lead conversion because it allows you to build trust faster than the written word,
Here is proof that online video marketing really works.
- YouTube has an average of 4 billion hits every day.
- By the end of 2012 mobile video viewers were more 54 million.
- Video marketing has been shown to increase incidences of purchase by almost 24%.
- Video is sixth in popularity in terms of content marketing.
- Video marketing increases traffic to a website by as much as 55%, meaning that if you used to enjoy 1,000 hits a month after aggressive video marketing you can expect to have as many as 1,550 hits per month in the long run.
- Businesses with brick and mortar establishments enjoyed close to 30% more visitors after successfully marketing their products and businesses via video marketing.
Not sure what to include in an effective video try the following in your video:
- The exterior of your premises, if any.
- Employees as they perform their work.
- Your products.
- Your interactions with customers.
- Create a series of tips that provide value for your audience.
Lastly, you can include any other piece of information that you want to share with your customers and prospects. However, always end your videos with a call to action. Even if that is simply asking them to share the video in social media.
You might want to listen to Michael Stelzner of Social Media Examiner’s podcast this week on YouTube.
A wonderfully made video is not enough. You should also strive to market the work of art that you have managed to produce. Keyword research will be integral in marketing your video(s). SEO principles are applicable when marketing videos. Use SEO strategies which have proven to be effective in your Internet marketing escapades. Final word, measure and track the results, continue with what is working and discontinue what is no longer working.
If I didn’t use a video to help get my point across what kind of marketer would I be?