- Posted by Donna Amos
- On August 9, 2014
Starting a blog can be a successful marketing tool for businesses. Blogging is free or fairly inexpensive. It increases traffic and adds potential leads. Creates a substantial income and old posts never get old. The older posts will always be there building more leads, more traffic and creating an original stream of content. What better way to start the day than with a cup of coffee and a great blog post.
How To Start A Blog
When starting a blog there are a couple of aspects to look at.
1. Where will you choose the location in a website, page, platform to use?
2. What will you want to bring to your blogs? Ads, links, or other affiliates.
3. Goals that you hope to attain while blogging.
Where to Start A Blog
There are some great free sites for blogging. WordPress offers great themes and layouts and professionals use these as well. Getting your own web site with this installed is a major plus to your blogging platform. These already come with laid out plans and functions so you virtually just have to click a button to input text, images, different formats, social media outlets. And you can always buy some more extravagant features. No HTML required.
Tips On Creating A Well Written Blog
1. Use fresh and updated content and speak to your audience.
2. Write for your intended audience. For example, if for business, this is a fantastic way to communicate with customers and keep business information up and available to them. As well as inform them of new techniques and products you have to offer.
3. Headline, headline, headline. This is the most important for any content created online but specifically for your blog posts. Copyblogger has some great advice on blogging headlines.
4. Create an amazing introduction to each blog. An intro should grab the audience and make them want to continue on. If you don’t have a great introduction you may just lose the rest of the blog post.
Keep In Mind That Blogging Should Do The Following
1. Teach everybody something. Whether it be information they did not know or a “how to do” technique, it should provide them with knowledge.
2. Provide up to date and trendy topics that are original content. Never copied from anywhere else.
3. Be inspirational and use humor. Everyone loves to be inspired and have a laugh. Of course all in great taste.
4. Be creative in your approach. Time spent properly planning is optimal and is time saved in writing.
5. Plan by researching subject, getting facts, brainstorming words and ideas that come to mind. Then format your writing down.
You Should Choose To Do The Following Before Submitting Any Posts
1. Check for grammatical errors and proper sentence structure and formatting.
2. Make sure your goals of establishing the points to get across your perspective were properly met.
3. Make sure facts are correct. Check that all links are current and correctly applied. Make sure all video, images, and media content loaded properly. Nothing is worse than uploading a picture of your dog when you were writing about cosmetic surgery. Check over your work a minimum of three times. We can always miss something. Either a misspelling or other error and not notice until the third time we’ve proofread. It’s easy to be in a hurry and not take the time, I know I am guilty of doing so. Learn from my mistake and proof read three times or have an editor look over your work.
Blogging Can Provide These Things
1. Create an income. It can enhance business production, sales, and is an advertisers delight.
2. Create traffic to your website, lead to affiliate links, generate real leads.
3. Give you a voice on the big platform and even get you noticed by some major publishing companies.
4. Blogging is fun. It’s a way to offer your creativity and a productive outlet for your mind.
5. Blogging helps to establish you as an authority in your business niche.
By following all the above tips you should be well on your way to creating a rich, informative, and successful blog.
If you want to jump start the process grab our Ultimate Guide to Blogging.