- Posted by Donna Amos
- On May 6, 2017
- 0 Comments
- Blog Ideas, content ideas, June
June means the kids are home from school and summer is in full swing! Before things get too busy for blog content planning, use these ideas to spark your creativity and get your blogs written in advance. Then lie back and enjoy the sunshine and fresh summer air!
Summer content can focus on outdoor themes and activities, but it is also a great time for mid-year reflections. In addition to holidays, birthdays, and common summer themes, consider more introspective topics as well. Challenge your readers with personal and growth-oriented pieces. As always, make it true and compelling!
- Share about a recent failure and what lessons you learned.
- Update a favorite old post and re-share.
- Brain Dump!! Write it all out, no matter how random, and hit POST!
- Tell a story with pictures.
- Write an open letter about a topic that resonates strongly with you.
- Create a video blog post.
- Briefly introduce a topic and invite comments. Then comment on the comments you receive.
June 6: D-Day, World War II
The D-Day invasion of Normandy, France, was the greatest and most complex military operation in history. Nothing before or since has even come close. 2017 is the 73rd anniversary of this great moment of history. Most World War II veterans have died, and this pivotal moment in history is fading out of our population’s consciousness. A new generation of students and internet readers should have the opportunity to learn more about it. Compose a piece reviewing the operation and its history, and provide links for video and more information for those who would dig deeper.
June 14: Flag Day
This is a great day for all Americans to demonstrate respect for our flag and show pride in our country. Our flag represents both independence and unity as a nation. As Americans, we certainly value our freedoms and our singular pride at being the greatest nation on earth. Write about our flag’s proud history. Many lives have been lost protecting it, and it even flies proudly on the moon. Share a great article with some history and proper flag etiquette. Raise the flag and celebrate America!
June 18: Father’s Day
This is a great day to post a blog about your dad and all the lessons you learned from him. Encourage your readers to spend time with their dads if still living, and appreciate the sacrifices dads make for their families. This is also a great opportunity to promote causes such as adoptive dads, mentoring, and the like. Many of us have father-like figures in our lives who have been of immeasurable influence. An article about one such person could be the spark needed to start someone on a path to positively influence another.
June 20: Summer Solstice
This is the meteorological beginning of summer and the longest day of the year. Delve into your scientific side and explore some cool facts. Did you know the sun doesn’t set at the North Pole on this day? There is 24 hours of straight sunlight. What other scientific facts can you discover? You may just cause some readers to delve into researching on their own.
- June 1, 1926: Actress Marilyn Monroe.
- June 1, 1937: Actor Morgan Freeman.
- June 4, 1975: Actress Angelina Jolie.
- June 5, 1971: Actor, Singer Mark Wahlberg.
- June 7, 1952: Actor Liam Neeson.
- June 9, 1981: Actress Natalie Portman.
- June 9, 1961: Actor Michael J. Fox.
- June 9, 1963: Actor Johnny Depp.
- June 12, 1924: 41st President of the United States, George H. W. Bush.
- June 12, 1929: Writer Anne Frank.
- June 14, 1946: Billionaire and 45th President of the United States, Donald J. Trump.
- June 14, 1928: Cuban Revolutionary Che Guevara.
- June 18, 1942: Singer-Songwriter Paul McCartney.
- June 21, 1979: Actor Chris Pratt.
- June 26, 1993: Actress, Singer Ariana Grande.
- June 28, 1491: King Henry VIII of England.
- June 30, 1966: Boxer Mike Tyson.
June 1 is Dare Day
This is a day to celebrate all the crazy dares we’ve taken or shared, and to issue new dares to friends. Do a dare yourself and challenge others to join you. It is definitely a day for calls to action. Use this day to challenge your readers to engage in your favorite cause.
June 3 is Repeat Day
June 3 is Repeat Day. Take the opportunity to repost yesterday’s or another recent post and see if your readers notice. Challenge everyone to repeat something good they have done for others. Or, just annoy everyone by repeating everything they say. Repeat comments to the post with the same comment.
June 21 is National Selfie Day
Have a blast with this day and post your favorite selfie or selfies. Challenge readers to post their favorite selfies in the comment stream. Perhaps you could run a contest for the most original or interesting selfie and award the winner a free copy of your book or a free service.
What topics or events pique your interest? What’s happening around you? Are there current events or movements that will impact your business or attract customers? Research what’s happening around you and discover more topics for exploration. Be sure to enjoy the summer sunshine and as always, keep writing!